Analyst position at Claris Ventures
Claris Ventures is a venture capital operator based in Italy specialized in early stage investments in companies active in the development of new drugs with high potential. Established in 2019, Claris Ventures is the first operator in Italy specialized in investments in biotech startups close to clinical development.
The objective of Claris Ventures is to identify and support innovations in the pharmaceutical field, investing in new companies that develop potential drugs that can revolutionize the current treatment scenario in indications with limited therapeutic alternatives.
We’re a young firm building a new model for venture investing. Because we’re not working off a template, every investment professional has the chance to make a meaningful contribution. This role is not just about keeping the trains running on time, but helping us continue to build a top-tier venture capital firm. We put a premium on independence, candor, and transparency. We believe in holding people accountable and letting them succeed on their merits.
We are based in Turin and we typically make initial investments at late preclinical stage, walking our portfolio companies through Phase I/II clinical development.
The analyst role
As a part of the investment team, you’ll be responsible for helping source new opportunities, performing due diligence on potential investments, and playing a part in the firm’s on-going operations. You’ll be an important member of our team and will work closely with the Partners and other team members to support the firm and our growing portfolio. Your day to day responsibilities will vary widely and you’ll have to be comfortable managing multiple projects and tasks all at once. As an analyst at Claris Ventures, you’ll have the opportunity to work across any number of life sciences projects with tremendous impact while developing your own skillset and investment ideas. The position is based in Turin and will report to a Managing Partner.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Has 1-3 years of work experience, preferably but not necessarily with exposure to biopharmaceutical industry
- Has very strong writing and interpersonal skills
- Is a sharp critical and analytical thinker
- Demonstrates a sustained interest in startups and biotechnology
- Can thrive in an unstructured environment, and has the scrappiness to jump into projects and learn on the fly
- Performs well under pressure and has the drive to push him/herself while maintaining the compassion, empathy, and emotional intelligence to do so with an acute sense of self-awareness.
- Has confidence to figure things out him/herself and the maturity to ask for and accept help
Previous experience in venture capital, growth equity, private equity, investment banking or management consulting is not required but is a plus. We are committed to teaching modeling, valuations, cap tables, etc. to anyone we hire. Sound judgement, attitude, intelligence, and work ethic will trump “applicable” skills.